The Android Kitkat 4.4.4 update can now be installed on the Samsung Galaxy S3. Tech-savvy individuals have begun installing the updates to their phones. Some people are however, still coming to terms with how their phone works, let alone how to install an update. So for those who need it, here is a tutorial.
To install the update, a ROM must be downloaded into the phone. The ROM to be used for the Galaxy S3 will be the NeatROM custom firmware and is available for the I9300 version of the Galaxy S3. Custom ROMS have been made available for these devices since Samsung has withdrawn its support of the Android OS for this particular model.
Before installing the ROM to the device, users must make sure that the following are strictly observed:
1. The ROM renders the warranty void and unable to receive official updates in the future. Installing a stock ROM will make it viable for warranty again.
2. Only the GT-I9300 model of the S3 (Exynos Chipset) can be installed with this custom ROM.
3. The phone must be rooted. This is the most important prerequisite (and is done at the user's own risk).
4. Make sure that all USB Drivers required by the phone is installed in the computer, otherwise, the PC will not recognize your phone.
5. Make a full back-up of all data in the phone as installing the ROM requires a full wipe of the system's memory.
6. The device must have at least 80 percent battery levels. This is to prevent the interruption of installation.
It is also imperative that the person installing the ROM have a deep technical knowledge about OS rooting and has experience with previous installations. Seek help if you lack the knowledge yourself.
*To install the update, follow the steps below:
1. Download the Android 4.4.4 NeatROM Custom Firmware and
Google Apps onto your computer.
2. Connect the I9300 Galaxy S3 to the computer via USB cord.
3. Place the .zip file of the NeatROM to the phone's SD memory.
4. Turn the device off and unplug from PC.
5. Go to Recovery Mode by pressing and holding the Volume Up, Home, and Power buttons at the same time.
6. Once in Recovery Mode, fully erase the data on the phone by choosing the 'wipe data/factory reset' option.
7. Clear the memory cache by selecting 'wipe cache partition.'
8. Go back to the main menu and select 'advanced.' From there, tap the 'wipe dalvik cache' option.
9. Once more, go back to the main menu and select 'install zip from SD card.'
10. Choose the 'choose zip from SD card' and select the Android 4.4.4 NeatROM .zip file and install it. Install Google Apps using the same procedure.
11. Once the installation is complete, select the '+++++Go Back+++++' option and restart the device by choosing the 'reboot system now' option.
The device should switch off and will take a few minutes to boot back on again. To verify that the installation has been successful, navigate to Settings and select About Phone to view the Android version.
please Share this with your friends.
Best regards …©